We are pleased to present the first of two video interviews prepared during the American Musicological Society's national meeting in Louisville earlier this month. Here Lewis Lockwood talks with Christopher Reynolds about his new book, Beethoven's Symphonies: An Artistic Vision (W. W. Norton, October 2015).
- 1:00 Music performance and Beethoven research
- 2:20 the A-major Cello Sonata
- 5:30 a book on the symphonies; the 7th Army Symphony
- 7:25 a poem and a dedication
- 9:30 epilogue: Beethoven's Ninth in the Lodz ghetto; Auschwitz